Friday, September 09, 2005

Visual Music @ Hirshhorn Museum

I really enjoyed the Visual Music exhibit at the Hirshhorn Museum. I found it fascinating because it presented several forms of artistic expression I had never seen (although I must admit I had absolutely no experience with the concept of multimedia until this class). Nevertheless, the blending of sight and sound was a unique experience to go through. I was also shocked at how long ago some of the pieces were created. When one thinks of “modern art,” the 1930s do not immediately come to mind. But Oskar Fischinger created many of his films during this period. I really was surprised that I had never heard anything about these artists. My overall favorite was Jennifer Steinkamp’s installation (Below). Even though it nearly gave me vertigo, I felt I could have sat there watching it for hours. It was an incredibly immersive experience.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger janii said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a buy ebook website. It pretty much covers for huge category to buy ebook.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home